Nashville Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer
An attorney who stands up for the rights of seniors
One of the most difficult decisions any family can make is to move a loved one into a nursing home. If your loved one is abused or neglected, it can be extremely upsetting. You want the abuse or neglect to stop -- and you want justice. Thompson Law fights for the rights of your loved one.
The nursing home and its staff members are responsible for the health and safety of all residents, but nursing home facilities do not always meet this responsibility. Attorney Christopher “Kim” Thompson has helped people in the Nashville area in all types of cases. He holds negligent nursing homes and staff members accountable.
An attorney with decades of results
Examples of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical abuse – hitting, pushing, shoving, kicking, shaking, scratching, using restraints without a valid reason
- Emotional abuse – yelling, shouting, screaming, intimidation, insulting, belittling, ridiculing, ignoring, threatening, blaming or isolation
- Sexual abuse – sexual assault, unwanted touching, sexual harassment, forcing a resident to undress, showing a resident sexually explicit material
- Financial abuse – stealing money or belongings from a resident, using a resident’s checkbook or credit card without authorization, forging a resident’s signature, identity theft
Examples of nursing home neglect include failing to:
- Provide enough food and water
- Give needed medication
- Help residents get dressed
- Change dirty bedding
- Answer emergency call lights
- Help resident with bathing and grooming as needed
- Move patients to prevent bedsores
- Treat minor wounds properly
- Treat residents with kindness and respect
- Keep rooms and bathrooms clean
Many nursing home residents are afraid of speaking up about abuse or neglect. Or they are unable to communicate. You know when something is wrong with your loved one, though, and you may not be satisfied with the answers you get when you bring your concerns to the management at the nursing home.
That’s when it’s time to call Thompson Law. Our first priority is to protect your loved one from further abuse or neglect. Attorney Thompson will take all necessary steps to make sure your loved one’s needs are being met, and that your loved one is healthy and safe.
Then he investigates to get the facts about what’s been happening. He reviews medical records, employee histories, and other documentation. He identifies and interviews witnesses to the abuse or neglect. If needed, he consults with experts who can help understand if nursing homes and their staff members were meeting their responsibilities.
Serving Davidson and surrounding counties
Attorney Thompson builds a strong case that nursing homes and their insurance companies can’t ignore. Then he demands compensation for what your loved one went through. When insurance companies see the hard work he has to put into a case and that he is ready to fight, they often agree to talk about a settlement.
Attorney Thompson is only interested in a settlement that meets the needs of your loved one and your family. This includes compensation for all medical expenses related to the neglect or abuse. It may also include compensation for other damages, such as pain and suffering and emotional distress.
You can expect personal attention and compassionate representation from an experienced attorney who knows how to get results. Learn more about how a nursing home abuse and neglect attorney can help. Contact attorney Kim Thompson today to schedule a free consultation about your loved one’s case. There’s no cost and no obligation.